If you want to use GarageBand for PC? then you have landed at the right place. Here you can download GarageBand for Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Garageband is a popular digital audio workstation developed and distributed by Apple Inc. The Apple has always designed their Mac and MacBooks for studio purposes, and every digital creator would prefer a MacBook because it comes with digital creation tools like Final Cut Pro and GarageBand.
Nobody would tell you until its halfway that GarageBand is not available for Windows platform and it’s not because no one can make a compatible GarageBand for PC. It’s because Apple can sue the developers anywhere in the world and they would slap a billion dollar in damages.
So, what’s the solution now? I have one for you to get GarageBand for Windows 10, but it’s going to a little lengthy at first, but it will become child’s play after a few minutes.
Note: I assume that you are running latest Intel processor or AMD processor-based Windows PC and laptops with at least 8GB RAM (4GB RAM minimum).
Wonderful Features List of GarageBand
- 1 Wonderful Features List of GarageBand
- 2 How Do I Install GarageBand for PC (Windows 10): Full Guide
- 3 What Should I Do When Garageband is not Not working
- 4 Conclusion
Those who don’t know about the GarageBand and its features in the latest edition should learn a little about it so that you can take full advantage of it.
- You can record audio in the highest quality available on MacBook.
- You don’t have a piano, and then why not try the virtual software instruments in GarageBand to create instruments tunes for your next project.
- Yes, it comes with Guitar features so that you can produce background music for your next project.
- You can edit MIDI without any limitations.
- Not everyone has learned how to play every instrument, right? Then you can try the music lessons, so you can quickly learn the basics and then produce your music.
- More advanced audio loops.
- You also get a third-party instrument, and Apple Loop packages come in the GarageBand online latest version as well.
The Apple GarageBand team is adding more advanced features to the platform in every update release.
Also Check: 5 Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows.
How Do I Install GarageBand for PC (Windows 10): Full Guide
If you are a digital creator, then you might have come across virtual workstation, right? It enables you to install an operating system like Windows, Linux and even macOS on your Windows PC without any issues.
Yes, we are going to use VMware workstation to install macOS sierra on your Windows PC and help you use GarageBand for Windows without any complications.
But, your processor must have one feature, and it is called “VIRTUALIZATION.” The feature does not have any relation to the motherboard or other components to the virtualization.
Intel: You can download the Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) utility that allows to find out If your processor supports Intel VT or not.
AMD: You can download the AMD Hyper-V utility to find out whether your computer supports virtualization or not.
Do not fear even if you have a 10-year-old PC because virtualization technology introduced back in 2006 in Pentium Dual-core E6600, so your processor may be compatible. Even the Core2Duo series has it. But, some of the low-end Core2Duo and Pentium processors don’t have virtualization technology.
Preparing you for the process of Download GarageBand for Windows 8, 7, and 10
To install macOS on your Windows PC, you need to prepare for the process, and we are going to show you how you can use macOS on your Windows PC.
- You need software called “VMWare Workstation Player latest edition.”
- And Download macOS High Sierra.
Make sure to save those files on your Windows PC because you are going to need it later on, and you also need the macOS high sierra OS so that you can run the Mac on your PC.
- It would be better if your Windows PC supports at least six cores because Apple Mac is physical demanding OS.
- I would prefer if you have 8GB RAM on your PC, so you can contribute 4GB RAM for Mac OS because Apple Mac consumes a lot of RAM.
- If you are running Intel processor PC, then Intel Graphics supported by Apple machines.
What Should I Do When Garageband is not Not working
GarageBand Not Working After Updating
Many have complained that the garageband is not working after updating the application, Mac OS X, and iOS operating system. The latest version does not support the applications, and that’s what many users have to say. However, the applications do not work properly, when we have a pending task to complete.
Apple devices are known for security and compatibility. The apps receive an update, so they don’t have issues after updating it to the latest version of the Mac OS X and iOS.
For Mac OS X, restarting the computer is enough to make things work again. iOS devices are prone to a lot of security issues, so the manufacturer disables the functions to protect the machine.
- Tap on settings to open it on iPhone and iPad.
- Now, tap on the name and your profile picture in iOS 11.
- Tap on the iCloud app.
- In the list, check if the Garageband is ticked or not, if not, then toggle it.
A simple MacBook and Mac PC restart are enough to take effect.
Garageband Import Music is Not Working
There are several ways you can add music to the Garageband to edit it, but newbies don’t figure out all available features to add the music. In case, if one of the features is not working, then you can import music from other ways.
- You have the set the current song section to Automatic so that you can import the entire audio file. If you have not selected an entire song, then the song fits only a portion of the audio file. The song may seem long, but you can resize it later on, and play it on other devices.
- Swipe up twice from the bottom of the screen, and the magic happens, the dock appears.
- Make the most of using drag and drop feature by dragging the files and then dropping them in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- You have to download the file from iCloud Drive to add it in Garageband.
- Align the audio file in Tracks view to listen to the audio, and you can achieve it by touch and hold the audio file, then drop it in Tracks view.
Now, you can start importing the audio and listen to them inside Garageband.
You can use macOSX on your Windows PC without any issues and download GarageBand for Windows PC from Apple and use it on your macOSX without any limitations. Let us know what do you think about it in the comment section below.